Friday, May 2, 2008

7 weeks till take off...
























Thought I'd start up a blog to be a hardcore geeky hi-tech communicator during my journey's but for now I would like to share with you all this video.

Most of my friends and family will know I am vegetarian, and cook vegan food most of the time at home. I know that it will be impossible to stick to a vegan diet while travelling in SE Asia so I'll be sticking to vegetarianism during that time.

This video, created by PETA, talk about the reasons why we shouldn't eat meat. I don't like to push people into doing things they don't want to do but I know from experience that if people are educated with the truth they can make better decisions. So if your sitting down, and aren't too hungover... Please watch.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=chew_on_this&Player=wm

"I find it unacceptable that violence is the basis of some of our food habits." - Dalai Lama

"If anyone wants to save the planet, all they have to do is just stop eating meat. That's the single most important thing you could do. It's staggering when you think about it. Vegetarianism takes care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty." - Paul McCartney

No comments: