Saturday, June 21, 2008

Stinking HOT Bangkok


It was 31degrees when I arrived in Bangkok last night at 9pm. Ridiculous. The air is so thick I have to seriously concentrate on my breathing. My single bedroom with fan is on the top floor. And incase you didnt know heat rises. First thing I found was a cockroach running accross the floor. All I could do was laugh...I'm defintley in Thailand!
I have a window...which doesnt open and even if it did it opens into the hall...not outside! So I wedged my jumper between the window and the wall to at least get more hot air circulating with my fan. Word of advice - opt for air con, I am tonight!! My body clock said it was 4am but I couldnt sleep because of the heat. Eventually I nodded off but woke up a lot sweating like a pig. Hot.

Then this morning I had a cold shower however it didnt seem to cool me down much. Just waiting at the hostel for Dionne now whos flight should have landed about 30mins ago.

Picture: Sunday at one of the temples in Bangkok

No comments: