Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The kids of Baan Dada

After spending 2 weeks with 58 children at Baan Dada Orphanage I feel rather useless for only remembering the following names....

Puchida - 9 year old boy with glasses, he cant go to school because of his sight which is terribly sad because he is super intelligent and soo eager to learn. When I met Puchida he wanted to carry my bags to the volunteer house. I let him have my day pack. As we walked down the trail he said very quickly 'need to pee!' and before I had a chance to understand what he said I turned around to see him standing in the middle of the path peeing. He then proceeded to hold my hand as we walked up the path. Cute! Hes also a photographer in the making, he loved my camera!

Nautee - Definitely a favorite! Only arrived 2 weeks prior to us, and was brought up in a Karen tribe with a different dialect so can only speak to her sister. She clung onto us a lot, had so much love to give (and tears) and was the cutest little girl ever! Wish I could take her with me!!

Nadoo - Older sister of Nautee. Really interested in learning and achieved a lot in the 2 weeks we were there. A bit of a trouble maker with the other kids but cute so she gets away with it!

Ali Baba - Wriggle worm! Often seen without his pants and likes to start fights. Also extremely cute so gets away with everything :P

Chu Chu - young girl with a bell round her ankle and a necklace made of teeth! Likes to grab your little finger and is often seen with a giant butchers knife! Youngest of 4 sisters

Pordilla - Older sister of Chu Chu, very cute smile and loves to have her picture taken.

Ni Ana - Older sister of Chu Chu and Pordilla

Nina ay - Oldest of the sisters. Really intelligent and willing to learn, but unfortunately doesn't have Thai papers so she can't go to school yet!

Suteeda - Was really quiet at first but by the end of the 2 weeks was playful and fun. Had a wiggly tooth which she liked to wiggle in front of me at the dinner table.

Malay - Young girl who at first had curly hair but by the time I left had a bowl cut. Also a photographer in the making, she kept stealing my camera!

Faa - little girl who is always attached to Dada and always wearing pretty dresses

Sirikou - one of the older girls who is very far ahead in her learning. Loved to play dead. Also loved to play duck duck goose!

No comments: