Tuesday, August 12, 2008

20 hours in Singapore


What a city! We ended up with an overnight stay in Singapore because we could get the most ridiculously cheap flight if we did. So sweet, a night out in Singapore! Except...Dionne was still feeling the affects of food poisoning :( Although we were staying in a dorm so I asked some of the English girls (Selena and Zoe) in our dorm if I could tag along when they went out for a 'Singapore Sling'.

Im glad I went with these girls, because they had been in the city a few days and knew their way around! I had no idea where they were taking me :P But we ended up at Raffles which is THE PLACE to get a Singapore Sling, for $22!!! (Around the same in NZD). F*** me Ive never had a cocktail that expensive! :P But it was pretty good...

We then moved on planning to get some food, and went down to the river which is apparently the place to be. It was soo busy because the following day was Singapore National Day and it was also the evening that the Olympics started so everyone was watching the opening ceremony on a big screen. Downtown was so pretty as well, it was so clean and lit really well. We met 2 other girls in town - Lindsey and Ada.
There was a bar called 'clinic' where you could sit in a wheelchair and drink out of a drip!! We were set on going to the biggest Ministry of Sound club in the world though, and after asking some Singaporeans where on earth we were, we found it! Although, I didn't even think to have ID on me and they almost didn't let me in! I didn't even know what the drinking age is...

Anyway, it was $20 to get in but that included 2 drink vouchers, and lucky Emily found another 2 drink vouchers in the Ladies! So I was pretty much set for the evening :) We all seemed to loose each other during the night so met up every hour, but me and Lindsey decided we wanted to stay out later than the others, I mean, you don't get to go to the worlds biggest MOS club everyday right?! Although Lindsey did end up going again the next day haha. The club had a few different rooms but we stayed in the main room where there was a rotating dance floor and much better music :)

We caught a cyclo home with a boom box attached so we sang Pussy Cat Dolls 'When I Grow Up' and Oasis all the way back down Orchard Street. Hahaha. It was a great night!

Next morning I was far too tired to get up for breakfast so we hung out in the hostel until it was time to go to the airport. I was soo not ready to leave Asia, but now Im in Perth and can't wait to be back here in November!

No comments: